Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time for school.....BOO HISS!

Well - in true fashion, my blogging stinks. Last time I wrote, school was out. Now, it is time for school to start. Summer has flown by so quickly. I feel as if my summer just started just a week or so ago.

I took a class this summer. It started on June 8. It was a reading class. I am thinking about getting a second master's degree in reading. Don't know for sure yet. Regardless, I needed a class for recertification at the end of this year. Thought I would try to get two birds with one stone....start my degree and get credit for the class. Why not. I read so many Young Adult Literature books this summer. They were all great books and I enjoyed them. I have a whole new list of books to read!! I wish I could remember all the books I read in junior high and high school. I would go back and re-read them all to see how different the appear to me now.

The most difficult part of my summer (as many of my Facebook followers and friends know) was the sudden illness (on June 18) and death of my grandfather (on June 27). I have known him my whole life as "Marty". But he adopted the new name of "Dudah" when my nephew was finally able to talk. It has been hard, but I am sure it has been a little harder on those at home that saw him daily. I miss calling home and hearing him answer the phone just about every time and telling me "I was just waiting for you to call". I miss the way he would ask about Rebecca all the time and then laugh when I would tell him all the funny things she is doing. I love that my nephew got to spend almost 10 wonderful years with Dudah. I envy those years as Rebecca didn't get those. Bless her heart, she probably won't remember Dudah. She looks at his picture now and can say his name (as best as a 19 month old can), but it will be up to all of us to tell her about Dudah and how special he is to us.

We did go to the beach at the end fo July. It was Rebecca's first time at the beach...Oh - she had a blast. She would have been content to play in the water all day every day. She had no fear of the water. She would run down to it and keep on going if Jason or I weren't there to catch her. It was a nice relaxing time just Jason, Rebecca, and I. I'll put some pictures at the bottom.

Vacation Bible School at church followed immediately after the beach. Oh - that was a good time as well. We had a great group of kids. I was in charge of the special events for the day. We had a great time blowing things up, shooting balloons, and palying with ooey-gooey stuff. I also played in the band, the piano. Such a great week! We heard great Bible stories about Paul and Silas, and Elijah. We learned that God is Undefeatable, Unmatchable, Uncontainable, Unpredicatable, and Unforgettable. :)

Next step after VBS was getting ready to go back to school. Lesson learned after my first year of teaching: GO UNPACK YOUR CLASSROOM BEFORE THE FIRST DAY BACK! Oh my, that was a hard lesson to learn. I spend quite a bit of time before our first day back unpacking and reorganizing my things to make sure they are ready to go. Will be an interesting year, but a good one. I have 16 kids in my room this year. I have a plan. Will see how long before it actually kicks in and runs smoothly.

Well - my movie is about to go off. I am watching The Notebook. Ah - good love story. Jason went to bed so I thought I would finish the movie. As he would say "A chic flick." DARN RIGHT!! :)



No comments: