Monday, February 18, 2008

We made it!


Wow - what a weekend! We survived our first out of town trip with Rebecca. And - I only forgot one thing - my bottle brush for her bottle and the pump bottles. I did pretty good I think!!

It was a busy weekend for my grandfather's 90th birthday party. I don't have pictures yet...I need to get my sister to send some to me. I had to pretty much hold Rebecca the whole party. There were so many people there. It was at my mom's house b/c you are NOT going to get my grandfather out of his "big man's chair" to go anywhere but the bathroom or the doctor's office. Both of which are a chore sometimes. My mom invited about 100 people....I think there were close to 70 there. Rebecca and I hung out in the other room and made our appearances every now and then. We had a lot of family and friends who had not seen her yet come to the party. Overall - she did great, but was definitely a momma's girl all weekend. Even daddy couldn't console her. She slept good at night considering she was in a completely different house and bed. I am a PROUD MOMMA today!

We also had our first family pictures taken yesterday. Mom had a photographer come to the house to take our family pictures. Last time we had this done was right before or right after J and I got married. Rebecca did great - we got some good pictures! I can't post them yet b/c they are copyrighted, but we have seen them. Once we get them I will scan them . I am going to have a hard time choosing which ones I want.

Today is hanging at home getting caught up day! I am on my third load of laundry. Rebecca is catching up on her naps on the couch. I also made her 2 month check up appointment for the 27th. Shot time!! :(

Oh - pictures at the top - my nephew, Landon with Rebecca :)

Going to look at more pictures...I have 144 to look through.

2 comments:

The Overstreet's said...

Glad that the trip went smoothly and it sounds like Rebecca did great!! Those trips get easier believe it or not!! She is precious in that picture with Landon! Can't wait to see the family pics!

Sunny said...

Oh so pretty. She is a doll for sure!