
I am sitting here feeding Rebecca and thought I should really should post something on my blog. I think I will do a conglomeration (I think that is how you spell it) of thoughts.
The first thing that comes to mind is that I am very blessed. I have a husband who loves me very much. I have a beautiful daughter that we have waited 4 very long years for. I have a family that will do anything for us if we ever asked. I have a great job (although very hard somedays). I have awesome students -even the ones who are aggressive. I have a church family that is the most loving church family I have ever been with - there are some that are SO very close - Bluefield comes to mind. I can go on and on forever. I often take for granted how blessed I am. I have more than many people in this world. I should never take that for granted.
I have a Lord and Savior who loves me more than any human being on the face of this earth could ever love me. Do I think about that every day....no. Should I.....oh you bet! I have another blog that I read. The author of this blog has been through some of the most incredible pain that one could possibly imagine - the loss of a child. Yet - she reaches out to others through her love for the Lord. She inspires me to go beyond the normal limits of my being. Do I do enough.....no, but I sure need to change that.
Whew - it sure got heavy there for a little bit. Let's lighten it up some. We are going to spend the weekend at my parents. WHOO HOO! I am excited to go. We are leaving tonight. Saturday we will be going to the lake with the praise and worship team from my church.
It will be fun! We did a ladies retreat there last year. We spent the whole day on the lake. Might have to revisit that idea this year with Rebecca here now. I am taking her floaty ring (from my secreat pal at work!) to put her in the water near the condo. I can't wait to see how she reacts.
Let's see - how has Rebecca changed......where do I even start????!!!?? Well - here goes..............
Sitting up.......she is sitting up independently now. I still put a pillow around her sometimes depending on where she is sitting. Today, I was packing bags for the weekend on my bed. I had her in the middle of the bed playing. :)
Solid food...... we started cereal back at the beginning of June. Since then she is eating and loving the cereal. We moved to squash. Slow going, but now she loves it. I tried apples the other day...NO GO! Didn't like those. I am going to try something else later. I made my own apples. Lets she if she likes them. I hope so!
Talking...I have got a talker on my hands. :) :) She loves to talk and laugh all the time. In the morning when she wakes up, she is saying "mama" without the full sound. Does that make sense? It has the sound of it anyway.
Well - enough of my thoughts for now. I have lots I still need to do before we leave. More later.





1 comment:
Sounds like she is doing lots! Loved your post!
Post a Comment