Sunday, April 11, 2010

Once again...time has FLOWN by!

Well, here I am again writing about how horrible I am at blogging. HA! I look at it often, just don't think to write. There is so much to write about - just don't think about it at the time. Maybe I just have trouble figuring out which way to go with my blog. I don't want to think of it as a "diary" where I write all my inner most thoughts. Maybe I want to take the route of highlights...but then again - that is what I can use facebook for. :) I had thought about making a blog for my kids at school. But then again - I can't keep up with what I have to do on a daily basis there...how am I going to keep up with a blog?

Anyway - so here is the crazy update of what is going on with us :)

School was GREAT this week. I turned in my assessment! 6 months of work to prove that one of my students is able to the goals I chose for them. We have to do this assessment during their junior year so they may be assessed in some manner cognitively equivalent to their peers in 11th grade.

We also went on 2 field trips. What was I thinking?? Apparently I wasn't! We went to Cracker Barrel on Wednesday to wrap up a unit on money. We have been learning about having enough/not enough money to order off of a menu at a restaurant. The students were required to practice with menus at school to see if they had enough money to buy the food they wanted. If not -they had to make another choice. They also had to remember how to pay for their meal. I DO NOT pay for their meal. I asked the parents (or the bank- depending on the student) to send money in one dollar bills. They have to pay for their meal and give the correct amount. We use the "next dollar strategy" to pay. If your meal costs $5.69 sents...you give the cashier 5 one dollar bills and ONE MORE to cover the 69 cents. Most of my guys did SUPER! Some required a little more help. But that is OK as they are just learning the concept.

On Friday we went to the Very Special Arts Festival sponsered by JMU. It was a great day of arts/crafts, music, reading, and dancing for the students. We had a great time participating and seeing old friends from other schools. I will have to say I think my guys enjoyed the drums the best!! They were all smiles. :)

It was just a great week for them all!


As for home stuff, Rebecca has enjoyed playing outside many days this week. One the way home every day, she always asks "go outside mommy, go outside?" I always tell her we have to say Hi to daddy and Rascal, put our things away, and then go to the bathroom. most of the time that works. :) She really likes playing on her swingset and with her toys. I have a feeling that we will be spending a big part of the summer outside! Looking forward to bringing her pool out :)

We are already getting the spring outside to-do list started. We talked about it on the way home from church today. That darn list keeps getting longer and longer all the time. I decided last summer I wanted to dig up my bulbs along the sidewalk and replace it with something else. I got one side done :) I think I might want to go by the greenhouse near us and find something. Don't know for sure. I can't wait to let Rebecca run wild on the deck and I sit with a good book under the umbrella. YEAH RIGHT! I think I will be expected to play with her :) :) maybe read during nap time.

No comments: